What an honor to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers, as a way to recognize and encourage one another.
My nomination came from Sara at healthyandhygge.com. Thank you Sara!
Please check out her blog for insights about being healthy on all levels, and for cozy hygge activities.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who show creativity, positivity and inspiration. Once you have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, you are required to:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Below are my responses to Sara’s 11 questions as well as 11 questions for 11 of my fellow bloggers!
1. What does self-care look like to you?
Self-care is very important to me. Practicing it requires me to slow down, detach from regular activities, and focus inward to see what my heart/body/mind/emotions/soul needs in the way of nurturing and refreshment. A good day of self-care might include solitary time, reading, being creative, writing, resting, walks in nature, wholesome healthy foods, tea time, cooking, gardening, daydreaming, watching a film or coloring.
2. What is one interesting thing about you people do not know?
I like snakes, non-poisonous ones anyway. As a child I had several pet garter snakes. And once I ran into a burning field near my home to scoop up and rescue snakes that were wriggling away from the approaching flames.
3. What is the best vacation you have ever been on and why?
I enjoy any trip I get to take. My favorites were the two overseas trips I took last year. Italy was special because it was a trip my grandson and I had set the intention for, five years before. I loved realizing our dream and exploring that beautiful country with him and my daughter.
I also enjoyed the girls’ trip to Ireland, Scotland and England with my mom, sisters and niece. We had a blast visiting those ancestral countries together.
4. What did you want to be as child?
I wanted to be many things, including a writer, a teacher and a veterinarian. Most of all, I wanted to be a mom. Gratefully, I have three amazing children and five gorgeous grandchildren. It feels like I’ve circled back around to one of my earliest desires…writing.
5. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
I have three spoiled cats, siblings that I rescued as feral kittens: Shy Boy, Angel and Rilynn. Two of them are curled up with me right now.
6. What is your favorite morning beverage?
In place of breakfast, I drink celery juice and a regular or detox fruit smoothie. These two powerful drinks contribute to my health and wellbeing.
7. What motivates you?
Right now, the desire for freedom to work remotely, from anywhere in the world, so I can travel more.
8. Who inspires you?
My children and grandchild inspire me. Also, anyone who lives as his or her quirky, outrageous, authentic self…no apologies, no regrets. That’s who I want to be…my best self living my best life.
9. Where would you like to visit and why?
I am and will always be drawn to Scotland, and Edinburgh especially. For a never-been-there-before experience, New Zealand tops my list. I’ve wanted to see New Zealand’s breathtaking countryside since watching The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, which were filmed there.
10. If you could interview anyone for your blog, who would it be and why?
I would love to sit with author and speaker Elizabeth Gilbert and ask questions. Liz inspires me to live a fun and creative life and to pursue the things I am most passionate about.
11. Why did you decide to become a blogger?
My original intention for writing a blog was to create the habit of writing daily. My first year of writing Cindy Goes Beyond grew into daily exercises that pushed me out of my comfort zone and encouraged me to experience new things.
My desire now is to encourage others to see life in fresh, imaginative ways and to experience the journey with openness, joy and playfulness.
My 11 Questions
I am nominating 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Bloggers Award, tagging them on Twitter and Instagram.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. What drew you to blogging?
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
3. What has most impacted your life in the last two years?
4. What one word best describes 2018?
5. What was your favorite game to play, as a child?
6. Where in your life could you be more courageous?
7. If you could spend one day with anyone, living or already passed on, who would you choose, and why?
8. What is your favorite city in the world?
9. If you could be in any movie, which one would you choose?
10. What song do you listen to, when you need an energy boost?
11. What new experience would you like to try, that you’ve never done before?
I’m grateful for Sara and healthyandhygge.com. And I am thankful to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I look forward to encouraging other bloggers and reading their responses.