This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for details.
Two years ago, I wrote about creating a personal manifesto. You can read that post HERE.
As a reminder, a manifesto is a statement of intentions and ideals. Think of it as a mission statement or a declaration of beliefs, desires and values.
A personal manifesto helps us to evaluate where we are in life, and provides clarity on where we want to go. It can provoke change, encourage shifts and inspire forward momentum.
Each person’s manifesto is uniquely his or her own, reflecting journeys, beliefs, desires and wisdom.
The thing is as I grow, learn and settle more deeply into who I am, my manifesto changes, as it should. Recently I realized it’s time to update mine.
This is the perfect opportunity, during my Year of the Wild Woman, to make some changes. Here is my Wild Woman Manifesto.
Growth and Change
A personal manifesto reflects an individual’s beliefs, desires and life values. Those naturally change as we learn and grow as humans.
Some of my growth the last couple of years, since I wrote the last manifesto, includes moving deeper into myself, shedding completely the “people pleaser” personality that I had and connecting strongly with my beliefs and desires.
I am becoming. And part of that process involves learning to stand solidly on my own, seeing my value and offering who I am unapologetically to others. I belong to myself, and to no one else.
Brene Brown says:
“True belonging is the spiritual practice of believing in and belonging to yourself so deeply that you can share your most authentic self with the world and find sacredness in both being a part of something and standing alone in the wilderness.”
She goes on to say that true belonging requires you to be who you are.
This is my journey. I am becoming the Wild Woman who loves her people fiercely, enjoys travel and creative play, values my alone time and marches to the beat that I drum.
Wild Woman Manifesto
Not all of my beliefs, desires and values changed. Some deepened. I’m keeping those. Some no longer quite align with who I am becoming. And some I’ve learned more about, as I discover my voice and open my heart.
You can click the link above, to see my original manifesto. Then check out this year’s Wild Woman Manifesto that accurately reflects where I am at this point in my journey.
- in Divine guidance and having a personal relationship with God
- in a daily, ongoing, playful conversation with the Divine
- I am called to live life beyond the edges, free from fear and playing small
- self acceptance and self love are crucial to offering unconditional love to others
- life unfolds for me in magical, oft times mysterious ways
- ALL people are worthy of love and we are all connected
- I am a guardian of the Earth and her precious resources
- kindness toward others is a strong indicator of a person’s truest heart
- my most authentic self is unfettered, untamed and free
- I am a loner at heart…and that’s not a defect
- happiness is my responsibility and no one else’s
- I am manifesting a life that’s perfect for me, one day at a time
I Desire to…
- follow curiosity
- surrender to the flow of life
- embrace all of my gifts and my quirks
- live from my passionate, open heart
- engage in new experiences
- travel and work/write remotely from anywhere in the world
- encourage my children and grandchildren to live authentically and joyfully
- offer to others through my writing and my life experiences
- express creativity in a multitude of ways
- live in the moment, releasing the past and not worrying about the future
- live a healthy, vibrant plant based lifestyle
- stay true to who I am, always
- create a peaceful environment in my home and garden that fully supports me
- remain unattached to outcomes
- dream BIG dreams
My Life Wisdom…
- I accept that for me, the veil between this world and the Spirit world is thin
- my intuition guides me unerringly
- if I ask a question, I always get an answer
- I have nothing to fear
- if fear shows up in my life, it is an invitation to learn and trust
- I must speak my truth…silence is seen as agreement
- comparison and worry are thieves of joy
- I’m 100% responsible for my life and my reactions/responses to life situations
- I am open to everything and attached to nothing
- others have the freedom to be exactly who they are at this moment in their lives
- I’m not here to live someone else’s life or to abide by someone else’s expectations of who they think I am
- I create change in my life by first shifting my thoughts and beliefs
- my outer world is a true reflection of my inner one
- I am the Queen of my own kingdom and it is ever expanding
- challenging experiences create growth and expansion in my life
- gratitude is the foundation of my life
Who Are You?
Would you like to write your own personal manifesto? Refer to my post about creating one HERE.
Then spend time reflecting on your life and jotting down what’s true for you under the headers of BELIEFS, DESIRES, VALUES or LIFE WISDOM. DON’T ASK ANYONE ELSE WHAT THEY THINK! This is your deep inner work.
And remain aware that as you grow your manifesto grows with you.
I’ve discovered that not everyone understands my journey. In fact, most people don’t. That’s okay. It’s my journey, my amazing life, my growth.
As I’ve grown and embraced who I am, I’ve lost friends and had people simply disappear without a word from my life, while others tell me I’ve changed so much…as if that’s a bad thing. Someone even said, “I liked you better before.” That’s because before I didn’t speak my truth.
You know what? None of that matters, to me or to you. What matters is that you…and I….live as our most authentic, most courageous selves. We continue the process of becoming. And other people…well they have their own journeys and growing to do. Their remarks or backing away has everything to do with them, not us.
Write that manifesto…and share it with me, if you want.
I highly recommend these books for the journey.
Cindy Goes Beyond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate program provides a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, all at no extra cost to you.