For several weeks now, I’ve drawn one of my affirmation cards repeatedly. It states, “Everything that shows up in my life is an ongoing conversation with the Divine.” My awareness of that truth has increased greatly. By way of synchronicities, songs, words, nature, signs and books, I am having a conversation with God about my life and the path I am on. Recently, I’ve been asking questions: What shall I do next? Is this the right path? And I’ve asked to be taught more deeply about abundance and my purpose.
This morning, after a very short night due to not feeling my best and melodious thunderstorms, I decided to lie back down and rest a bit longer. As I relaxed drowsily toward sleep, I requested, “Please teach me as I hover here between wakefulness and slumber. Teach me.” What happened next was definitely a first for me. Although I am a lucid dreamer and have very detailed and sometimes astonishing dreams that I not only participate in but control, I have not experienced a sequence of dreams with instructions and commentary, as I did this morning. Much of what I received was very personal to me and the imagery accompanying the “lessons” was pulled from my experiences. However, there are basic truths in each of the seven principles that were shared with me that apply to anyone.
To my delight, my Keller Williams Team Leader, Vicki, was the person and the voice accompanying me on this dream journey, although it was the Divine speaking through her image. I’m not sure why my mind produced Vicki, except that she is an amazing person in my life and a dear friend and colleague, someone I respect. For those who don’t remember their dreams, much less draw any lessons from them, this post is an invitation to enter into an adventure. Adhering to my desire to move beyond my comfort zone, it is important for me to share!
I was given seven very distinct life principles:
- Life flows. Money flows. I was told this as I was handed a check for $2500.00. Everything is energy, including abundance and money as it flows in and out of my life.
- Gratitude is the key to abundance. Be thankful, for everything. These words were simply spoken to me.
- I was reminded to foster playfulness and fun as a vital part of my relationships, especially when I’m feeling weighed down by circumstances surrounding others. Focus on the good in people, not the negative, and let go of the past.
- Through the imagery of caring for a pet, who actually died years ago from old age, I was told to take care of what I can, and those I can, and to not worry about what I can’t do. I was given the easy to remember saying, “Do what I must, then trust.”
- A question was put to me, if I was doing all that was required of me, so that I could focus on going beyond. I knew immediately which tasks I’ve been procrastinating on, in business and in life, because I don’t like doing those things. I was reminded to get caught up on those tasks and get them out of the way, so I can focus on extraordinary things that will bring me great joy.
- I was told that every situation, no matter how difficult, is temporary. The time frame of six months was shown to me, for a situation in my own life. When I understand that there is a bigger picture, and all that I am encountering now is temporary and small, I can keep journeying with confidence, keep overcoming, keep learning and growing.
- This last sequence in the dream had to do with being in a house that wasn’t mine, filled with stuff from previous occupants. I was told I could use whatever was there, if it was beneficial to me. I was also aware that there was a lot of junk, and trash, that needed to be cleared away. I was shown that I could bag up this trash and remove it, carrying it outside to be picked up and carted away by the trash truck. I suddenly understood that I was seeing limiting beliefs, handed down to me by others, that have accumulated in my inner space. I can clear these away. I saw bags and bags of “trash” already waiting at the curb, yet I looked around the house I was in and saw more that needed to be disposed of.
I came fully awake, after the seventh truth, and knew I had experienced something different! I wrote careful notes so that I wouldn’t forget. As I moved through my day, conversation continued with the Divine, confirming what I had received early this morning. I am listening. I am acting. I am being. I am ready. What an amazing journey!