This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for details.
I am honored to receive another award. Thank you to the blogging friend who nominated me, Ramae, owner of the blog Incurable Blessings. With transparency, beauty and hope, Ramae shares her journey that began after an incurable illness diagnosis. Encourage her by checking out her blog, linked above.
The Mystery Blogger Award, created by Okoto Enigma, brings attention and recognition to blogs that may not otherwise be discovered. According to Enigma, the Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blogs not only captivate, they inspire and motivate. They are among the best out there and they deserve every recognition. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and do so with love and passion.
What are the Mystery Blogger Award Rules?
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- List the award’s rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Mention the creator of the award and link to the award post.
- State three random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers for the Mystery Blogger Award.
- Ask your nominees five questions of your choosing.
- Share a link to your best blog post.
Three Facts About Me
I’m going to do something a bit different here…and link my three facts about me together. The reason will become apparent when I answer one of the five questions in the next section.
- In the book Sacred Romance, author John Eldredge shares that each of us possesses a unique soul name. I carefully considered what mine might be. I asked the Divine repeatedly, “What’s my soul name?” For three weeks, I kept hearing the word “mithril” in my head. I knew this shiny silver metal plays a key role in the Lord of the Rings stories. Finally I watched The Fellowship of the Ring film again, where mithril is first mentioned.
- In the scene, Gandalf leads the way through the Mine of Moria. Danger lurks in the shadows. Gandalf allows a small amount of light to illuminate the Fellowship’s path, saying, “Let us hope that our presence goes unnoticed.” I watched that scene, over and over. I recognized that I’d lived my life like that, barely allowing my light to shine, hoping my presence would go unnoticed, for a variety of invalid reasons.
- As the group cautiously creeps through the dark, they pause near a mine shaft. Gandalf allows the light from his staff to brighten, striking mithril that is glittering in the mine. Mithril is lightweight and very strong. When combined with other metals it creates a very protective armor. And it’s value is extremely high. Gandalf shares that Bilbo possessed a mithril shirt…and that its value was worth more than the whole shire. Mithril…the word that kept popping up in my mind, hidden in darkness until it is mined, strong, protective, valuable, shiny and silver. Mithril…my soul name…given to me through Divine inspiration.
My Answers to Ramae’s Questions
- What is the story behind the name of your blog? Blogging began as accountability for my desire to write daily. Needing a purpose and a theme, I found it through author Lu Ann Cahn, who spent a year experiencing something new every day. I adopted that idea. I chose the name Cindy Goes Beyond because trying something new, daily, provided opportunities to move beyond limitations, old beliefs and comfort zones, while also propelling me beyond my boundaries.
- If you could do it over again, is there anything you would do differently with your blog? Yes. With a do over, I’d more quickly connect with other bloggers and take educational courses sooner. I tend to be a loner, figuring things out as I go. It’s been a joy to enter into community with other bloggers and learn from them.
- What energizes and inspires you the most in life? Being who I’m meant to be in the great Flow of Life, energizes and inspires me. When I’m open to receive, creativity flowing and awareness high, and I’m doing what I love…I’m in my element and full of joy, passion, love and hope for a bright, magnificent future.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Eleven years ago, Coach Mark Semple told me, “Step up into the Mithril shaped space created for you…and occupy it fully.” I’d shared with him the story above. His invitation helped me to accept who I am, with all my gifts, quirks and unique characteristics. I didn’t immediately occupy that Mithril shaped space, however I began to, more and more. I inhabit it now, most of the time. Second best? A recent Divine conversation that I woke up having…”Do you want to be a pawn in someone else’s kingdom…or Queen of your own Kingdom?” My answer to that question is shaping this year. I am Mithril, Queen of my own Kingdom!
- Who was your favorite teacher and why? Mrs. Cathey, fourth grade, holds that honor. Her love and acceptance of her students impacted my young life profoundly. She laughed and played games, making learning fun and interactive. Mrs. Cathey taught me much more than math, reading and social studies. She taught me to view life differently and see the magic in it.
My Best Blog Post
My post with the most views: Growing Clematis Babies This fun gardening post has had more than 15,000 views and continues to pull in visitors daily. On Pinterest the post boasts 36,000 views…and growing.
My Nominees for the Mystery Blogger Award
One Exceptional Life Wendy lost both hands and both feet in 2011. After years of wondering what to do with her life, she began an inspiring blog with a new sense of purpose. It features her story, adventures and how she’s overcome challenges.
Ai Love Music Amy shares her deep passion for music on her blog, along with her vast knowledge about artists and a variety of musical styles.
Born to Be Boomers Tricia left the corporate world to pursue things she’s passionate about. Her delightful blog is a lifestyle site for the over 50 crowd.
Teaching Wounded Angels to Fly Alexandra writes, with whimsy and passion, about raising three rambunctious boys that she fostered and then adopted.
Flower Power Liza is an outdoor enthusiast who writes fun and informative posts about improving mental and physical health.
Be Healthy Be Happy Wellness Pam loves cherishing each day and shares her adventures as she helps others to live happier, healthier lives.
Ginger Rosemary and Time Yvonne shares her passions for cooking and baking, traveling, saving money and learning something new every day.
Fluxing Well Lisa’s passion is finding and sharing reliable information for navigating everyday situations. She approaches life with creativity and flexibility and the desire to experience new things.
Tom Teaches Physics Tom’s passion is, you guessed it, physics! As a teacher he feels this subject deserves a fresh perspective…and introduces new, and fun, ways to learn.
Winds of Jane Jane shares her passion for adventures and traveling. She’s visited 46 countries in the last 20 years!
Five Questions for My Mystery Blogger Award Nominees
- What do you love most, about blogging?
- If you won a free two week vacation, to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Who has influenced your life the most?
- Do you have a favorite movie? Why is it your favorite?
- What’s the craziest want-to-do item on your bucket list?
Once again, I am honored to receive the Mystery Blogger Award, which is a heartwarming form of encouragement and recognition from a colleague. I’m equally honored to pass it on to other fine bloggers.
This journey, and those journeying with me, mean so much to me. Life is an adventure indeed.
Cindy Goes Beyond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, all at no extra cost to you.