Can you feel it yet? As the sands of time run out for 2018, and Christmas approaches, we can dip a bit, energy wise. This time of year is stressful for many people. Emotions can range from sadness to weariness to ecstatic joy…and everything in between.
I was reminded this evening, for this Sunday Short/Self Care Sunday post, to really care for myself during this busy season. I made a Note to Self.
Note to Self – Body Care
- Eat healthy foods and nourish my body.
- Get outside and walk in nature.
- Get plenty of rest. Go to bed at a decent time. Naps are okay!
Note to Self – Creativity in Action
- Play every day. Use my imagination.
- Write my stories and journal through my questions and challenges.
- See and appreciate the beauty in everyday things.
Note to Self – Soul Care
- Express gratitude daily…for everything.
- Say kind words to myself and to others.
- Keep my heart open…and full of love and joy.
- Do more of what makes me happy.
Note to Yourself
Are you caring for yourself, as you would a small child? We can get so busy with everyone and everything else that we allow our energy levels to plummet. If we are running on empty it’s difficult to offer to others. We have nothing left to give.
As we enter the last half of December, and the last full week before Christmas, may you be aware of yourself in tender and compassionate ways. I’m being very mindful of my energy levels.
Note to self…take care of me. Take care of others.